Welcome to Cedar!
Welcome to our class page. Here you will find updates on your children’s learning and important information.
Our P.E. days are Thursday and Friday. However, the children always need to have both indoor and outdoor kit in school as the timetable is subject to change. Please include a pair of trainers so that they can use the field when it is wet.
Home learning this year includes Spelling, Times tables, reading and a Topic based project.
- Spelling practice is sent home on a Wednesday which will followed up by a test the following Wednesday. In addition, I will be sending home a copy of the Year 3/4 Common Exception Words for you to practice with your child. Children should be able, by the end of Year 4, to both read and spell these words.
- Children are currently being assessed on their times tables. When this is completed then appropriate practice will be sent home on a Friday. This will be followed by a test the following Friday.
- Children should be reading an age appropriate amount at least 3 times a week at home. Reading diaries should be signed by parents each week and will be checked by the teacher on a weekly basis.
- Choices of project will follow shortly. These will be due at the end of term (Date TBC).
- Children are encouraged to take their learning home with them. Any learning e.g. Maths games, topic or subject research, relevant artwork etc. is actively encouraged. Children are rewarded with the opportunity to share their learning with their class and with Dojo points.
Our topic this term is Prehistoric. So far, the children have been learning all about life in the Stone age and have been reading “Stig of the Dump”. Shortly, we will be moving on to the Bronze and Iron Ages and throwing in a few Dinosaurs for good measure!
In Science, we have been learning about rocks and Soils.
In Art, we have been looking at cave paintings and investigating ways to reinvent them in our own style.
Keep checking for more updates- photos and examples of work to follow soon.
Mrs S Smith