Welcome to the class page for Willow!
This is where you can find out about what we have been learning, our daily routines and see what Early Years is all about.
Here are Mistley, the staff and children are really proud of our Early Years Foundation Stage and love sharing our learning through this page.
We do P.E. on Tuesday and Friday afternoons each week. Please make sure your child has the correct P.E. kit in school each week. Long hair will need to be tied back and earrings will need to be removed.
This takes place on Friday mornings. Children need to come into school in suitable clothing – long sleeved top, long trousers, jeans or leggings. We visit the woods whatever the weather, so please make sure the children have a coat. Trainers or wellington boots if it is wet. In the colder months hats, gloves and scarves are advisable as well of two pairs of socks.
We love to share our classroom experiences throughout the school day with parents and carers through ClassDojo. Class stories allow us to show you what we have been doing during the school day. This gives you the opportunity to discuss with the children what they have been learning. Messages mean that we can instantly share successes and achievements as they happen. ClassDojo also allows parents to upload pictures and messages about the important things children achieve at home, which we love to celebrate with you.
- ClassDojo points are awarded for many different reasons from ‘Super Sitting’ to ‘Having a Go’ at a difficult challenge.
- You will be notified each time your child receives a dojo point which allows you to share in your child’s pride.
- Each week during our celebration assembly certificates will be awarded for the children and class who have achieved the most dojo points.
- All of the weekly dojo points will be collected together until the class reach their target of 500 classdojo points, these will then be exchanged for a class reward.
Willow Class are earning classdojo points for:
A Cake Decorating Party
Every child in EYFS has their own ‘Proud Book’. This book is a unique record that contributes to the evidence collected by the people working with your child in order to show the progress they are making as well as illustrating the characteristics of learning that your child demonstrates. To help build a complete picture of the learning journey your child takes it is important to include the things that you and you child are proud of. This can be in the form of photographs, notes of conversations or events or pieces of work that your child does out of school. Throughout the year you will be invited into school to share your child’s book with them.
- Each half term the children will be given a set of home learning challenges that are based on the topic we are visiting. You can choose which challenges you do and when you do them.
- Home learning challenges are carefully selected to help your child achieve early learning goals and help form part of their development
- When your child has completed a challenge they can bring it into school to earn Classdojo points which will be banked for exciting class rewards.
- Remember to let us know about your child’s home challenge experiences through Classdojo, photographs or notes to school.